19 February 2008

death to everyone is gonna come, and it makes hosing much more fun

Rt. 460, between Pearisburg and Narrows, VA

The Road's End
--Rolf Jacobsen (trans. Robert Bly)

The roads have come to their end now,
they don't go any farther, they turn here,
over on the earth there.
You can't go an farther if you don't want
to go to the moon or the planets. Stop now
in time, and turn to a wasp's nest or a cow track,
a volcanoe opening or a clatter of stones in the woods--
it's all the same. Something else.

They won't go any farther as I've said
without changing, the engine to horseshoes,
the gear shift to a fir branch
which you hold loose in your hand
--what the hell is this?

Milkweed
--James Wright

While I stood here, in the open, lost in myself,
I must have looked a long time
down the corn rows, beyond grass,
the small house,
white walls, animals lumbering toward the barn.
I look down now. It is all changed.
Whatever it was I lost, whatever I wept for
was a wild, gentle thing, the small dark eyes
loving me in secret.
It is here. At a touch of my hand,
the air fills with delicate creatures
from the other world.

Differences
--Ray Young Bear

coughing up blood
before the sun rose.

i spit out the wind
and all turns into
what might be expected
on a rainy day. sleep.

i dreamed of an animal
with its teeth shining
so greatly...

and we have heard from
each other once or twice.
we seek to see who is god.

Bonnie "Prince" Billy "Horses" (Greatest Palace Music version)...I couldn't find a good video for "Death to Everyone"

1 comment:

Evilyn Garnett said...

Tema & I (evilyngarnett) think this picture is beautiful--Van Gogh yellow--hello from Mpls.
11 below!...
javascript:void(0)
Publish Your Comment