11 July 2007

The hills have eyes, their trees have lives, disjointed like a hero












I took the photos above this past weekend while camping on a friend's land near Looneyville, West Virginia. The trip wasn't really a "photography" trip so I didn't concentrate on taking many photos. I'm kind of happy with a few of the above shots, though. My friend owns the farmhouse in the photo, but it was so hot inside the house that we decided to sleep on a mattress under a blanket of stars (hence the mattress in front of the old building). I'm not going to wax poetically about how nice it was to look up at clear sky with no light pollution. I do wonder, though, how many people go through their lives without spending a night looking up at the stars.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I can't lie; you're pretty much a photography genius. Your skill at framing photos is so obvious, nobody could deny it.

On a more serious note, I really like your use of light in this set of photos, particularly in the second one. I think I remember you commenting on the singular chair, but the group of chairs holds my interest more. The lighting with just the one chair is almost too right, if that makes sense.

Unfortunately, the calender shot still isn't doing a damn thing for me. Maybe '97 just wasn't a good year for calenders.