28 October 2007

Early dawning, Sunday morning, it's just the wasted years so close behind...





I took these shots at Brown's Farm in Blacksburg--a former working farm that was donated to the town a few years ago and is now a park/nature conservancy. It's a nice getaway close to town. There are a couple of large fields there to jog around, but I enjoy walking among the brambles and field grass underneath the apple trees. The defracted light in the early mornings is beautiful.

I have that typical (typical for me, anyway) Sunday morning feeling today--melancholy, restless, and anxious, but also quiet and subdued. I tend to associate Sunday mornings with a couple of songs--the Velvet Underground's "Sunday Morning" and Kris Kristofferson's "Sunday Morning Coming Down." I'm feeling more VU today, so I'm including this video of "Sunday Morning."

No comments: